Liberal Canada leadership
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, March 3 at 11:59 pm MT
Program start date: Monday, March 9
Program length: 8 Weeks
If interested, please complete the form below by Tuesday, March 3 at 11:59 pm MT
- Candidates for the Leadership Training must be:
- Organizing mindset and can-do attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and creatively problem-solve.
- Flexible, self-motivated and a team player who likes to collaborate with others.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Strong presentation and technical writing skills are an asset.|
- Enjoy metric-driven work.
- Willing to commit to 10+ hours a week from early March through the end of April.
Volunteers are the backbone of LPCA Through training and skill building, we will strengthen the foundation of our party and will be able to better support the thousands of Canadians who are looking to join our Liberal movement. Our Leadership Training is a structured volunteer training program based in local communities and campuses across the province.
The LPCA Leadership Training will focus on building teams of volunteers and coordinating outreach activities for potential volunteers in communities and on campuses. Leadership Training candidates attending school may build teams of students on their campuses.
You will work closely with candidate teams, field organizers and help develop the campaign skills and strong volunteer networks leading up to the next election campaign. You will play a huge role in helping elect Liberal Members of Parliament and Justin Trudeau as our next Prime Minister.
The LPCA Leadership Training is an eight-week Organizing program. The areas of focus are as follows;
- Hold meetings with potential volunteers/campus organizers to develop relationships, and build teams through action.
- Talk to voters to better understand the communities where you live.
- Share stories and best practices of organizing amongst others in the leadership training program across the country.
- Help organize actions and meetings to both potential and long – time supports together in communities and on college campuses to talk about key issues that concern them.
- Recruit and train volunteers both on and off campus in voter contact and organizing techniques.
You might also like
Once Upon a Time in Texas: A Liberal in the Lone Star State (Focus on American History Series,Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin)
Book (University of Texas Press)